Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Who owns these clothes?


My closet and I are having one of those out-of-sync days that Jim and Pam talk about on "The Office". This morning I grabbed what is usually a stylish shirt, and also what normally works out to be cute jeans, and put them on. Without much more thought I started getting ready for the day and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Who owns these clothes? Must not be me, the shirt wont sit straight on me, and its not due to slouching or eating the cookies I made in spite of the promise I made myself last week to stop making cookies. I have not put on weight, or changed anything. But this shirt does not fit me. These jeans, though this is the first day I'm wearing them, look as though this is day three, and maybe on day two i ran through the sprinklers fully clothed.

I went back to the closet and looked through again, realizing that nothing that I own would fit me today. I woke up swollen I think. I looked at a few more shirts, and went back to the T-Shirt and jeans I had on before, deciding that I would just go to the laundromat today and use "Oh, it's laundry day" as the excuse for my appearance.

So i'm sitting here enjoying the aftertaste of the no-bake cookie I just ate, and wondering why I dont get along with my clothes today. If Lucas came in, I would probably be embarrassed. I feel like I resemble a yard sale, or a clearance mannequin. Like for some reason parts of my appearance today were all taken from random out-dated sections of a house, and put outside in the grass on chocolate milk stained blanket, and for some reason I jumped at the opportunity to purchase this mismatched outfit. I would try again, but I'm affraid of what another attempt might result in. Perhaps I will let my fight with my wardrobe today persuade my friends and family to secretly film me for weeks, and call up What Not to Wear, let them be the therapists my clothes and I need to resolve this conflict.

4 comments:

coco_angel said...

Haha, I'll do that for you Amber! As long as you promise to buy me a cute purse with the 5 grand you get from them. ;-) Just ride out the day and you'll be fine tomorrow. It's like a bad hair day, the next day will be fantastic!! Love you! :-)

Ceci and Steven said...

I have those days much too often. just waiting for when we're rich and I could shop on a weekly basis ;) just kidding! but yeah...I like to do a little spring cleaning when I'm feeling that way and get rid of things, take it to platto's closet and then go get more clothes with the cash I get from them....good idea?

Kristen said...

You need to fix the link to my blog, I changed it to http://regardthemaspriceless.blogspot.com/

Ok awesome love you.

MaShay & Jason said...

AMBER!!! I was looking at your blog list.... how do you know America? She and I were so close. We grew up together! Weird.....


Wait, are you stealing my friend?