Saturday, January 19, 2013

What's Mine Is Yours

My friend sent me this video this morning, and I wept as I watched it. After we lost Kellen, Lucas and I were grieving really deeply. I drove to the temple one evening and sat in the parking lot and cried and begged the Lord to keep my babies safe and to let them always be mine. I felt an intense love as I prayed. Before I even stopped praying I had a distinct feeling of peace. This song reminds me of that moment.

It also reminds me of the fact that through adoption, no matter how we adopt, there will be some other people in this world who we will always think of and think "What's mine is yours. It's always been."

I think of this scripture often when I think of our babies. I think of it when I think of the love our Heavenly Father has shown in letting our babies be ours. And I think of it when I think of the families who will share their children with us.

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,"

"What's Mine is Yours"





1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so glad you liked the song! You and Lucas are amazing people. I admire your strength and faith so much!!