I feel a little like a small fish in a big pond, who happens to closely stalk one of the more experienced fish.
There is a LOT to learn, but I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to do it.
The people there are so nice and like to joke around, which is fun. My friend Kristen also just started here as the night/Saturday receptionist and it's good to see a familiar face when she is here. What I love about the job so far is that it feels like an important one for the company, and I will be busy. At the hotel, there were often hours that would pass with little or nothing to do but check and re-check that all the computers were updated and reports were run. I am thrilled that in this position I will always have something to do. I love to be occupied and have a task to work on, and both days of training so far Hadley has had long lists of things to do and then has random projects come up she works on. Its ideal for me.
I also cover at the front desk for lunch breaks, and today I am here from 8am til 8pm because Kristen is off taking some of her awesome photos. If today is anything like the last two days, I will go home feeling super energetic and hyper. After work my first day I called Lucas right away and excitedly told him every detail of my day and he quietly listened, then says, "Someone is excited!". Why, yes I am.
Also, it didn't take much time sitting here and walking through the showroom, but I want an Acura. haha
My camera battery charger is packed away and in our storage unit, so for a while my posts will be pictureless. Unless I get a chance and get to take pictures with my cell phone, then you can be pleasantly surprised.
This morning I picked up some stuff from my parents house on the way to work.
My mom had folded a little piece of paper and my name was written on it.
It made me laugh pretty hard once I got to work and started reading it.
This is what it said,
(I'm pretty sure it was an email forward she got)
A first grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. it's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders.
1. Dont change horses....until they stop running.
2.Strike while the...bug is close.
3.It's always darkest before...Daylight Savings Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of...termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but...how?
6. Don't bit the hand that...looks dirty.
7. No news is...impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a ... Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new...math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll...stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust...me.
12. The pen is mightier than the .... pigs.
13. An idle mind is ... the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's....pollution.
15. Happy the bride who... gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is ... not much.
17. Two's company, three's...the musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what... you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and ... you have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as... Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not ... spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed... get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you... see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind... get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand... is going to poop on you.
26. Better late than...pregnant.
Kids are cool.