Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Songs from a Friend

It's a wonderful thing how spending some time with a familiar and favorite song can instantly make the world alright. The other day I was walking home from work just sorting out life with my friend, ipod. We talked at first just casually, but eventually found ourselves singing at the top of our lungs into the fields of Idaho. We discussed society, self image, romances, childhood. It was a wonderfully eye opening and happy walk. Unfortunately, to all onlookers, it appeared to be just a girl over enthusiastically enjoying her nutso walk through town, singing at the top of her lungs alone. If they only knew the depth of the friendship I've formed with my favorite tunes.

Ipod wisely played these lyrics from Jason mraz.

"climb up over the top,
survey the state of the soul.
You've got to find out for yourself,
whether or not you're truly trying.
Why not give it a shot?
shake it, take control.
inevitably wind up finding for yourself,
all the strengths you have inside still rising."


I heard what my friend was saying. THank you, friend ipod. So while i walked I would take breaks from singing and listen to some lesser known songs and let them be the background music to my thoughts about life life.

The more I thought the more I realized that I am so blessed! I love my life. I love my husband, I love that we have to work hard to pay what little bills we have while he is in school and we plan the path of our life. I love the good friends we have made here. I love being outside, i love the huge fields of hay around rexburg. I love crazy ever changing weather. I love my family, and my in-laws. I love my job, and the luck I have had with employment. I love the gospel, and the answers that are always there. I love life. And I absolutely love music.

1 comment:

MaShay & Jason said...

Thought you should know...I am anxiously awaiting next weekend. Because I get to see your awesome face.

Just thought you should know.