Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Loots of Thoots.

Lucas is taking his final right this second for his Real Estate classes!
I'm so happy for him because he has loved learning everything and is SO excited to start his life in Real Estate. I love seeing how excited it makes him thinking about his future. :)
He takes his licensing exam next week and he already knows some brokerages he wants to talk to about getting started with them. Fingers crossed!

I've had popcorn every day for about two months and I'm still not sick of it.

 Lucas leaves tonight to go to Utah for our niece's baby blessing. I am sad that I cant make it. Baby blessings are really hard for me, though, so at least I wont have another Sunday headache from crying. I wish I was getting to meet miss Mara though! She is the first baby girl born in either of our families since Molly was born and I thought that would be harder on me than it has been. Instead I just want to hold her and meet her. After all, it wasn't that long ago and she was hanging out with her cousins and they were telling her how awesome her aunt and uncle Amber and Lucas are! (hopefully!) I'm bummed that I have work and cant go. Its just going to be me and my sister-in-law Hayley and our cute puppies for 4 days.

Speaking of puppies, Moose is hysterical. He watches you so closely when you talk, then when he wants something he sits on your lap and puts his front paws on your chest and tries to talk to you. He moves his tongue around and makes some of craziest sounds. He is patient at first but gets excited if you show any excitement and starts smothering your face with his chest. I have tried filming it and this is the closest I have gotten.

My job is still great and I love it. My boss just gave me a new ongoing project to take on that will end up getting me paid more so that's awesome! But what's even more awesome is that my boss is a great person. It makes such a big difference when you respect the person you work for and they are nice. Woohoo! (Hadley came in the other day to visit and brought her sweet baby girl. She had the happy glow of a mom in love with her baby. One day.)

Last night, Lucas and I found a townhome that we love! We haven't gone to look at it yet, but we will if it's not sold by the time he gets back in town next week. I want it. I look at the houses on the market all the time.

Blue Bell ice cream is the king of ice cream. When I finish this popcorn I'm having some.

Things with adoption, as people have asked, are okay. I receive emails daily of children seeking homes but they all need a current home study so I haven't been able to inquire about most of them. I am SO excited for Lucas to get his license in a few weeks so we can get our home and get our home study approved. We were on such a roll in Idaho and moving here really slowed things down. I really feel that everything happens for a reason and there is a specific reason we need to be in Colorado right now. As always, thank you for your support and for keeping word out that we are hoping to adopt. We feel hopeful.

Speaking of adoption...Lucas plays the SIMS sometimes. He likes to design houses. So he made himself a character and then he made me. Our characters got married. The other night I couldnt sleep and I came downstairs and he was up late on the computer. I came up behind him and he turned and said "Hi! We just adopted a little girl! She's so cute and has red hair and her name is Rose and I can't stop playing with her!" It was pretty adorable to know that when some husbands are up late at night on the computer there are reasons to worry, but my husband stays up late having too much fun practicing adoption. :)

I am trying to plan Lucas' 30th birthday adventure! He has not given me any hints as to what he might want but I'm trying to get creative. After all, 30 is a big deal! If you happen to be great at planning birthday celebrations let me know...or plan it for me and make it good because he deserves it. Also, if you are friends with Lucas and happen to be in the area in the end of June then you should come help us party!


I have been writing this in little spurts all day and guess what? Lucas passed his tests! I'm so proud of him. One test to go and he will be able to sell everyone we love a house in Colorado.

Last but certainly not least, my friend sent me these scriptures today and I love them.
"Romans 8:16-18
 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

King James Version (KJV)




4 comments:

Carrie Lynn said...

Hooray for Lucas passing his exam! Hooray for ongoing projects, and virtual adoption of Rose, and 30th birthdays and spastic puppies!

I miss you.

Anyonymous said...

Beautiful scripture...I love it when you read an oft-quoted scripture, but realize that the verses before and after are just as powerful, if not more. Exciting things are on their way to you! Our prayers are with you, and your button is on our blog! :) Glad everything's falling into place, piece by piece, in CO!

emily marie said...

Great scripture! You're motivation and positivity is so inspiring! And good job Lucas!!!

And Costco Ghiradelli brownie's should really find their way to your food-addiction list. Really really. You will not be disappointed.

Stephanie said...

I sorta wish I could plan parities everyday of my life It's so fun...I think I just love to celebrate.
You guys like balloons?! (who doesn't..I love them but am allergic LAME) Take 30 balloons and before you inflate them put a memory or picture inside just roll up the little paper and put it inside. Then you get to fill them up and have fun popping them and remember 30 things about Lucas. You can also add extra balloons for things to look forward to now that he's 30 (well in June). You can also color code them so you know when you pop a yellow one its a silly story or pink is precious etc etc I'd be happy to help (i think I'll actually be in Denver near the end of june)