Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Sunday, Friends!

Lucas and I taught the 11-12 year old primary class today.  It went well.
After sunday school, all the older primary kids met in the primary room for "Singing Time". They sang new song I had never heard.

The kids, when they sang this song, were so reverent. They sang it with such respect and hearing their young voices singing it together had tears running down my face in the back of the room. (I know already, I'm a big sloppy mess. Beautiful things make me cry too often.) It had been a while since I had felt the spirit so strongly and without warning like that. Lucas looked over at me and smiled when he saw I was crying. I shrugged and wiped my face and wished they would sing it again.

(This little girl does a good job, but imagine a choir of children. )




Hope you felt a little closer to heaven, like I did, when you heard that!

1 comment:

Haley said...

I teach the 6-8 year old's and I'm sure you would agree, but there is something so special about the primary children! I get emotional all too often either when I am teaching them a lesson or just listening to them singing. It surprises me how much the spirit teaches me when I am teaching them (what I think to be) such a simple lesson. Thanks for sharing your moment. That is a beautiful song and I've never heard it either! Happy Sabbath!