Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 13 and Day 14

Day 13) A fictional book that is meaningful since we lost Molly.

I actually haven't read many books since our loss. Nothing fictional has seemed important enough or has been able to keep my attention long enough to get into reading. I'm sure I'll start reading again someday soon. (Especially if I go back to school soon! They still haven't let me know what track I'm on...fingers crossed for January!) That's why I'm adding day 14 as well, because day 13 is a super boring answer.

Day 14) A non-fiction book that is meaningful since we lost Molly



This is a book our old bishop gave us. It talks about losing an infant, or experiencing stillbirth or miscarrying. It was very good and helped us know what to expect as far as greiving, how others would react around us, and what it was like for our friends and family to experience this loss with us. It was very good. I'm not much of a "self-help" book person. I'd rather experience things and learn about it on my own, but I thought this book was very good.

A second meaningful book is this:



This book was given to me from a good friend, who also lost her beautiful baby girl Jaycee. The book is meaningful to me for two reasons, one reason being that I read all I could when we lost her to try and learn about mourning, and how Lucas might show his feelings. I have never been through anything like this before, and didn't know what to expect. But it is also meaningful because of my friend. She has been a great source of comfort for me. I had never met her prior to losing Molly, but recieved and email from her telling me a bit about her story and how she was feeling. She then reached out to me again and sent me the book. It touched my heart, and I felt like I had a sister to go through this with.

About the book...It is written by a mother who lost her baby, and talks about all of her feelings and experiences as she goes through life after her loss. It was good in a different way than the other book. This one wasn't as much what to expect as it just made me feel less alone. Her reactions were so different from mine, and she felt much more angry than just lonely. Maybe she felt angry at being lonely, but if nothing else it was a good read for someone who has lost a child.


This post reminded me of something I have wanted to mention. I have recieved hundreds of emails, cards, flowers, kind comments, hugs, and prayers. I have not been able to respond to each of you because of the time and because it would be such a toll emotionally. I apologize for not letting you know sooner what a difference this has made for us. We have been so comforted by your words. Every single email helped us. Every single kind word helps to lift our spirits. If you took the time to think of us, we appreciate it so much. We have actually printed every email, and kept every card and are putting them in her memory book. Anyway, thank you. You are amazing.

No comments: