Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Changes

Sarah and I had a great final two days of vacation. Sunday we went to Pearl Harbor, it was about to close so we weren't able to ride the boat out to the Arizona Memorial but we still walked aroudn the museum and read signs all about it. We were planning on hiking the "Stairway to Heaven" aka the Haiku Stairs, for the sunrise in the morning so we went hom early and went to bed.

While I was asleep Sarah finished reading one of my Favorite books "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I highly recommend it- it will move you.

We got up at 2:00 a.m. and met some friends over in Kaneohe, then drove to the stairway. The stairway is a 4,000 step hike up the edge of the mountain. It is absolutely beautiful, and a major work out. I was overly energetic due to getting less sleep than I needed, but enough for energy, but everyone else was sleepy. After a while, we made it to the first landing, where the boys decided to take a nap. Sarah and I stayed with them on the landing for a while, then decided to hike the other 2/3 of the hike ourselves to make it to the top. We were so happy when we finally finished the hike! We were also WAY tired, and our legs were shaking out of control the whole way down. Once at the bottom we met up with the sleeping boys, and then they took us to breakfast to make up for letting us hike the rest alone.

We spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening on the north shore, eating an acai bowl, and then laying and playing at Waimea Bay. It was really really fun. I was really sad to have to take her back to the airport, but luckily this time I will be seeing her again sooner than later! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, its so fun to be completely understood by someone. Miss you, Sarah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My new music obsession is James Morrison. He was a featured guest on Jason Mraz's album We Sing. We Dance. We steal things, in the song Details in the fabric (Which is where I got my blog title) He has an amazing voice that gives me chills when I listen to it.

Also big news: I am moving back to Colorado on September 9th! While I am excited to see everyone in Colroado and get back to my old life, I am also very very very sad to leave everyone I love here in hawaii.

Jamie and i have been together for a year and a half, and while we have broken up once or twice we can never manage to stay away from eachother for very long. We fell in love fairly quickly, and me moving is going to hurt worse than I can even explain. He leaves for a surfing trip in Nicaragua with his brother TOMORROW. so tonight and tomorrow are the only days I get go see him until we live thousands of miles apart.

I also have been getting limited time with Kelsey, the little girl I have been a nanny for in Hawaii. I adore her SO much. I'm completely depressed that I will move home and slowly she will forget me, nobody remember their two year old nanny. :( I'll have to stay in tough, even though things with her mom are REALLY weird right now. Its more important to me to know Kelsey as she grows up than to avoid awkwardness around her mom.

I have to go continue packing. Is this really happening?!

No comments: