Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brother Ceran

Today my friend Tiffani posted this clip from the LDS radio station on my facebook. I am surprised I had not heard this man's story prior to this, but we sat here and listened to the whole thing. I bawled through most of it. We are so moved by this, humbled by his story, inspired by his message, and connected through what small similarities we share.

Shortly after Molly died, Lucas and I went to the grocery store and before going in we sat and looked at people going in. They didn't have a clue how difficult every step was for us. They didn't understand our loss. BUT, we discussed that we didn't know how difficult it was for them, either. We have no idea what struggles other people go through.

I know a lot of you who read this are experiencing struggles that seem unbearable. If you are not now, you already have, you will, or possibly will again, go through something that is so hard you will be tested in every way imaginable. I wish everyone could listen to this and, whether of our faith or not, draw from his Christlike example.

God is real, and he loves us. He knows what we are going to go through, he knows where we will go, who we will meet, what paths we might cross that will prepare us, heal us, or maybe need us.

Isn't it great to know we are loved, and that he gives us trial to help us to become more like him?

Conversations: Episode 13 - Programs - Home

(Thank you, Tiffani, for thinking of us when you heard this. I wish I could show you how wonderful your timing was)

1 comment:

Ceci and Steven said...

Oh my goodness!! I cannot believe how strong this man and his son are. This is an amazingly inspiring story! thank you for passing it on and sharing. LOVE YOU you rock of a woman!