Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Lucas and I secretly want to go crazy and over-celebrate every holiday.
However, because we can't really afford it we have pretty much not celebrated any holiday but Christmas since we have been married. Unless you count saying "Happy ________" as a celebration.

Today, for Valentines Day, we met somewhere in the middle and had a lunch date! I have been really excited about it because a couple weeks ago Lucas came home from work and told me that he wanted to show me a trailer for a movie he wanted to see with me. Usually this is what he does for a manly, explosion filled, war movie. But this time, he showed me the preview for "The Vow"





I was so surprised that he wanted to see it with me because its a total "chick-flick" and he was excited about it so early. He's not big on seeing girly movies in theaters, so I was thrilled when he said, "I thought it would be fun to go see it together for Valentines Day!" Hooray! So today, we decided to save some moneh and go to an early showing, right after lunch.




*Channing T. is one of my celeb crushes, so usually Lucas will jokingly try to cover my eyes when he is on TV, or tell me "You're not allowed to see that movie!" when he is in a preview. This made Lucas' desire to see this movie even better. haha

We left the house excited to go on a date, listened to the same music we did on our first few dates, Mat Kearney, and held hands in the car. I love him.

Then we grabbed food at Which Wich, the same one where we had our first date. We talked about our life, and our sandwiches (haha- romance!).  It was delicious, too, which always makes any date better.

Then we headed to the theater. The movie was very good but also SO SAD.
I was tearing up something fierce, and Lucas was getting angry at the unfairness of it all.
When we were leaving the theater, Lucas took my hand as we walked and said,

"If you forgot who I was, Amber, I would never stop fighting to get you back."

That was the cutest.

Lucas,
You are my best friend, the love of my life, an amazing father, and the most amazing husband.
You and I have a rare kind of love, and there isn't a day I'm not thankful for all that you are. Even one day short of eternity would be not enough time together. You taught me to love and be loved in ways that many don't even believe in. You're a dream come true.
I'll love you forever.

  ~~~~~~ Happy Valentines Day to all, and to all a good night!~~~~~~

1 comment:

emily marie said...

COOL moving words!!!
10000 blogger points to Amber